Ricoh's Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group demonstrates continued evolution at SGIA EXPO
Ricoh showcases growing portfolio as it continues to adapt to and better serve diverse industrial print markets
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SGIA EXPO, Booth 1351 -- Ricoh USA, Inc. today unveiled its plans for SGIA EXPO, where its recently formed Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group will showcase the rapid growth of its industrial print portfolio and inkjet developments. A mix of brand-new, recently announced and proven offerings will be on display, along with on-site experts ready to explain how Ricoh can help them broaden revenue streams. Attendees of SGIA EXPO, taking place October 10-12 in New Orleans, are invited to take a look at Ricoh in booth 1351.
"The signage and graphics markets are incredibly exciting right now, as the quality and accessibility of technology continues to grow," said John Fulena, Vice President, Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. "Our recently formed organization is evolving just as fast, as we look to uncover new and better ways to serve these markets. Where we are this year is vastly different from where we were last year, and we expect to be able to say the same at this time next year. This is an industry that demands constant innovation and growth, and that's a pace Ricoh was designed to sustain."
Ricoh's industrial print offerings and experts are helping customers, established and new to the market, to broaden their revenue streams:
- Ricoh's unique, consultative approach to customer engagement will be featured at SGIA. Consultants, analysts, engineers and operators will be on hand to discuss ways to help customers uncover new routes to growth and workflow optimization. These include a total customer lifecycle engagement model and tools such as Web to Print, Print Management Information System (MIS) and campaign management solutions that can help increase uptime and overall productivity.
- The newly announced RICOH Pro T7210 is a wide-format flatbed printer designed to bring low-maintenance reliability and ease-of-use to the decorative-printing market. Leveraging Ricoh's innovative inkjet printheads, the new RICOH Pro T7210 offers customers the ability to handle diverse materials of varied thicknesses, with support for substrates up to 4.3 inches thick with a print size of 6.9 feet by 10.5 feet. That large print area allows users to print on one four-foot-by-eight-foot board or a variety of pre-cut pieces: For instance, three three-foot-by-six-foot boards can be printed on together at the same time. These features combine to allow users to print directly on a variety of materials that may traditionally be considered too unwieldy to print on directly, such as wall coverings, flooring, furniture and tile, saving time, labor and resources.
- Its RICOH Pro L4160 helps customers boost their visibility with big, bold, eye-catching applications such as signs, banners, vehicle wraps and indoor and outdoor displays. With eco-friendly, aqueous latex ink and outstanding seven-color printing, including orange, green and white, the L4160 lowers barriers to entry in wide format and increases profits.
- The EFI Pro 16h LED Wide Format Printer is a versatile hybrid printer that serves flatbed and roll-fed workflows delivering ultimate high-definition imaging for a broad range of wide format applications. Print four-color applications plus white on an extended range of flexible and rigid substrates with saturated colors and smooth gradations. Production-level output speeds yield maximum productivity while LED technology reduces operating costs and lowers environmental footprint.
- The RICOH Ri 6000 Direct-to-Garment (DTG) printer, built on build upon AnaJet's (a Ricoh company) history of fast, high-quality garment printing, boasts an incredibly short route from design to print, thanks to intuitive software and print speeds as fast as under one minute per garment. Water-based inks deliver soft, long-lasting and eye-catching vibrant designs. Built-in white ink circulation dramatically improves ink flow and minimizes waste while making high-quality prints viable on even the darkest of garments. Meanwhile, Ricoh's own industrial-grade printheads empower businesses to reliably produce high-volume orders as well as custom one-off prints with long stretches between having to change out printheads.
Ricoh's commitment to helping customers achieve graphic greatness will also be on display at SGIA EXPO. At a time when many printers are looking for new ways to expand existing partnerships, drive down costs and increase margins, adding cutsheet is an attractive option. Ricoh works with customers to bring these capabilities to their shops, in terms of hardware, software, training, service and support including:
- The RICOH Pro C7110X five-color digital press will be on display boasting expanded 5th color capabilities. At a time when many wide format print shops are looking to expand further into more traditional production print applications, this press helps them to deliver for their clients, and drive differentiation. It is a true game changer for this market due to its price point and 5th color capabilities including the new Ultraviolet Security Red and neon pink toners, and its already available white, clear and neon yellow options. Neon pink enhances images, providing crucial highlights or graphic color, even combining with other process shades to create a neon palette that pops on a variety of media, including textured media and synthetics. The Ultraviolet Security Red toner technology display adds an enhanced layer of protection for ticket or pass verification. This security feature only appears when exposed under UV light, helping to reduce fraud. Additionally, the RICOH Pro C7110X substrate flexibility makes it a great choice for supplemental signage and graphic arts needs.
Beyond the Booth
With increasing integration between different types of print, Ricoh's deep and varied expertise has become even more of an asset as printers from all backgrounds look to add new capabilities and broaden revenue streams. Recognizing this, Ricoh executives will be leading informative sessions for SGIA EXPO attendees. Tuesday, October 10, at 10:30 a.m. in room 338, Dan Johansen will host "For Long-Term Growth, Consider Bringing Wide Format and Cutsheet Under the Same Roof," a session that makes the business case for adding new capabilities, as well as tips for how to add those capabilities in a way that promotes sustainable growth. The next day, Wednesday, October 11, at 1 p.m. in room 335, Toby Saalfield will lead the discussion "Grow Color Gamut to Make Signage Pop." Saalfield's session will highlight the importance of both an expanded color gamut and color consistency, both of which can gain or lose audience attention or make or break a campaign.
Visit Ricoh's booth #1351 to take home a customized t-shirt, printed on the Ri 3000 in a matter of seconds; and also enter its #LookatRicoh social media contest to win an award-winning RICOH Theta 360 degree camera. Times and details can be found here.
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions for the production print market, please visit www.takealookatricoh.com and follow the conversation on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter using #LookAtRicoh.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services enabling individuals to work smarter. For more than 80 years, Ricoh has been driving innovation and is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2017, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,028 billion yen (approx. 18.2 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2017 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are
the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh USA, Inc.
Breakaway Communications for Ricoh
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.